Tuesday 8 March 2011

Taboo words

This is a great name to play in class both as a starter or a plenary. I always have a deck of cards I made myself because whenever you have 10 minutes to spare, they come in quite handy. Last year, when I started introducing this game to my lessons, I made a 'general' deck with taboo words such as EuropeNew WorldReformation or Pope. You write the word that the rest of the class have to guess in bold and the words that the student cannot mention beneath it. For example:

NEW WORLD
Cristopher Columbus
America
Discovery

The student that describes the taboo word cannot mention the words beneath it. It is great to revise new concepts such as depotism because students have to use their own vocabulary to define it. Enjoy!

More activities that worked, here.

No comments:

Post a Comment